Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day, Dave!




Okay, Dave is a total hottie! He is also an amazing dad. When we got married almost 15 years ago, I had no idea he would be such an incredibly great father. He is always the first on the scene when there is a child crying from a bad dream in the middle of the night. Even when he's totally had a long day at work he comes home and plays with the children; then he rolls up his sleeves and helps me finish getting dinner ready. He is a spiritual giant that my children look up to and respect immensely. He is the most patient and loving man I've ever met. How did I ever get so lucky?


Lauren's poem for Dave this morning reads:


A Father who loves strumming the guitar,

The applause from his children are never far.

For a Father so loving, courageous and true,

A loveable Father whose favorite color is blue.


A gentle Father to tuck his kids into bed,

Whisper "I Love You" with a kiss on the head.

A Father who jokes with us 'til we fall on the floor,

He's one of a kind, wish there were more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Married to my best friend Dave, and mom to six wonderful children: Clark, Lauren, Nicholas, Jack, Nate and Ava.