Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Unfriendly Cactus

Clark had a campout with his troop almost two weeks ago in the Superstition Mountains. They had a friendly night time game of "capture the flag", and Clark tackled a Barrel Cactus instead. He had literally hundreds of cactus needles that had to be pulled out...a bloody mess. Well, we thought all was taken care of, but a week later clark came home from school and said he was having terrible pain in his shin. I checked out his leg, and felt a cactus needle almost an inch long embedded deep inside his leg. Fun times. He had to have minor surgery to remove it!
In this picture, the cactus needle is next to the cut.

Sorry if this is too graphic! Clark was a total trooper.

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow! That's disgusting. Poor Clark. Sorry I didn't know, I could have brought dinner. I'm not surprised he was a trooper; he's a tough kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH! Way to go Clark for being so brave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is terrible! That looks so bad. He is such a tough one! I am glad that they are all out now.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Married to my best friend Dave, and mom to six wonderful children: Clark, Lauren, Nicholas, Jack, Nate and Ava.