Monday, February 22, 2010

rocks in my garden

This will be my seventh year of having a garden, and I am constantly amazed that no matter how much time I spend getting all the rocks out of my garden, eventually there will always be more. I have wondered if the rain brings them up from the surface, or just time and use? Either way, they hinder the soil and consequently the growth of my vegetables.

So it has rained the last few days, and yesteday I was admiring the garden and sure enough...more rocks.

It really had me thinking how this could be a simple analogy for my life. What are the "rocks" that may be hindering my spiritual growth? Where have they come from? Do I work hard at tossing these away to make room for the fertile ground needed to learn and grow spiritually? Could I self evalute more often and make sure that any new rocks are quickly discarded?

I will be the first to admit that there are emotional rocks that I need to discard; I'm grateful that Heavenly Father makes it possible.

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Jen. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great analogy! I'll have to remember it the next time I'm tossing rocks from my garden.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Married to my best friend Dave, and mom to six wonderful children: Clark, Lauren, Nicholas, Jack, Nate and Ava.