Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Gardens

Okay, Dave calls me a farmer, and I don't think he's joking. I have two good sized gardens, an amazing peach tree and several orange trees. I really enjoy going out every morning and evening to water the gardens. It is like therapy for me. I love the bounty of delicious organic fruits and vegetables we enjoy. Most everything is ready in the gardens except for my tomatoes; they are coming along nicely though... I can't wait! Here is a sampling of some of my veggies.



Aaaahhh the peaches. This is summer to me; they are sweet juicy and delicous! My children loved picking them right off the tree.


Bell peppers; yummy!


Our family loves Swiss Chard; we will definitely plant this one again.


I have a few zucchini right now, waiting to get a few inches bigger.


These are Chiogga beets, they are red and white striped and sooo good.


I just collected more sugar snap peas this morning, the kids love them!


Our radishes are done for the season, they were wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. That all looks so good, Jen! My peach tree isn't even close to producing. Your pictures make me think it might not. Sigh. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok jenn- i seriously need a lesson!!! You are AMAZING!!!!!!!! i was going to post a picture of my(i don't even know what it is because i didn't label) growing..but now I think - maybe not! in fact after looking at these pictures, I'm certain my garden is dead!! anyways- you have a wonderful skill- keep farmin! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Married to my best friend Dave, and mom to six wonderful children: Clark, Lauren, Nicholas, Jack, Nate and Ava.